School’s out! It’s the end of the school year and many of us are preparing for holidays.
Whether you’re holidaying with family, with friends or taking a solitary backpacking adventure in unknown lands, this is your time to breathe. This is your time to de-stress and recharge your batteries with as much positive energy as you can before you return to your everyday life.
When packing, along with the bathing suit and sunscreen, don’t forget about the supplements! Some of them you take on everyday basis and there is no reason to stop on holidays, others can help to address common issues associated with travels.
Travel sickness: Nausease
Travel sickness is no fun. It ruins plans to the point when, instead of looking forward to good times you’re looking around for the sick bag. But be queasy no more! We have some good news. Our Nausease capsules are the natural way to beat nausea. They contain Vitamin B6, Ginger, Magnesium and Quercetin in proportions to help you forget the issue. Simply take a capsule one- hour before your flight or car/train ride.
Long travels with children: Kids L-Theanine
Is the prospect of long car journeys with the all-too-common backseat battlefield enough to make you want to stay home? Or do you worry about the stress levels of both you and the flight attendants as your children get bored? Worry no more. Kids L-Theanine may be of help. This supplement contains the natural amino acid found in green tea and known to have a calming effect. This property can help your children to relax during extended journeys. It has been clinically tested on hyperactive children and is completely safe to use.
If you’re changing time zones during your holiday, an unpleasant effect is alteration to the body’s circadian rhythms. In other words: jet lag. Surprisingly, jet lag can occur also without time-zone difference. Driving a car for a long time during the night can have the same effect.
A common supplement to address issues with sleep deprivation is 5-HTP plant derived amino acid that helps restore levels of serotonin and melatonin. You can also use the sleep-inducing powers of magnesium.
Artemisia herb or wormwood has been used for millennia to prevent and treat malaria and other parasite, microbial or fungal related issues common in tropical countries. To stay on the safe side, it is advisable to take 2 capsules a day and avoid tempting fate with reckless eating and drinking from untrusted sources.
Let’s be honest here. Holiday time means there is more chance for over consumption of alcohol. This, besides turning you into a living snack for the mosquitoes as they’re attracted by alcohol, often ends with a hangover. So, if you’ve sloshed down the Sangria or had a bevy of beers NAC is your saviour. NAC is useful in a hangover because it helps your liver to break down and eliminate toxic acetaldehyde – the major hangover cause. To get the best effect from this supplement you need to take it before, during and after the party.
Sunburn: Vitamins C, E and D
Holidays are about soaking up the sun, right? But too much sun can cause sunburn. Besides using a good sunscreen, taking vitamins C and E can offer some protection from sun damage to the skin as these vitamins are potent anti-oxidants. And if you overdose on solar rays and sunburn happens, studies shown that taking large doses of Vitamin D speeds up the sunburn healing process.
The good companion: Multivitamin
Holidays are often a time of indulgence. There’s the never-ending breakfast buffet for a start. Or even the opposite – fast meals grabbed in a hurry between one attraction and another. Either way, there’s a chance you won’t be eating your 5 a day and your usually balanced, diet might slip somewhat. This is where a multivitamin can help fill the gaps and ensure you get all essential vitamins.
Have a joyful and healthy holiday!
- A-Z Product List, Amino Acids & Proteins, Vegan
5-HTP 300mg 90 capsules
- 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is made by the body from the amino acid tryptophan . It is then changed into one of the principal neurotransmitters in the brain, serotonin.
- 5-HTP cannot be sourced from the diet.
- The only natural source of dietary 5-HTP are seeds of Griffonia Simplicifolia, an African shrub.
- Each capsule contains 300mg 5-HTP extracted from Griffonia seeds (equivalent to 2400mg seeds).
- A-Z Product List, Amino Acids & Proteins, Kids, Vegan
Kids L-Theanine 50mg Sublingual Tablets
- L-Theanine is amino acid found in green tea (Camellia sinensis plant). It is believed this amino acid is responsible for many green tea properties.
- Designed for children on restricted diets low in L-theanine and those who will benefit with additional L-theanine supplementation.
- Each tablet provides 50mg of L-theanine with one of the highest 99.4% assay.
- Sweetened with sorbitol and sucralose and flavoured with natural orange flavour these tablets are 100% vegan, natural and sugar free.
- A-Z Product List, Kids, Vegan, Vitamin C, Vitamins
Kids Vitamin C 250mg Chewable Tablets
- Chewable Vitamin C tablets in a sweet & sour orange taste your child will love!
- Vitamin C contributes to: normal function of the immune system, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal psychological function, reduction of tiredness and fatigue, regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E and increases iron absorption.
- Additionally it contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth. As a strong antioxidant, it contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Each tablet delivers 250mg of Vitamin C in a combination of ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate. This delivers high Vitamin C content while preventing excess acidity that could be troublesome for your youngster’s delicate digestive system.
- Sweetened with sorbitol and fructose and flavoured with natural orange hexaflavour these tablets are 100% vegan.
- A-Z Product List, Kids, Vitamin D
Kids Vitamin D3 600iu Chewable Tablets
- Chewable Vitamin D tablets in a sweet & sour orange taste your child will love!
- Vitamin D is essential for growing children, yet it’s difficult to get enough vitamin D through food alone. That’s why the Department of Health recommends that all children are given vitamin D supplements every day.
- Each tablet provides 600iu of easily absorbable Vitamin D3 – a daily amount of Vitamin D recommended by European Food Safety Authority for all children above infants.
- Sweetened with sorbitol and sucralose and flavoured with natural orange flavour these tablets are 100% vegetarian, natural and sugar free.
- A-Z Product List, Minerals, Vegan
Magnesium Citrate 30% 250mg Capsules
- Magnesium (Mg) is the fourth most common mineral found in your body. It plays a part in my many aspects of good health.
- Magnesium contributes to: a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, electrolyte balance, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal muscle function, normal protein synthesis, normal psychological function and maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
- Each capsule provides 75mg of elemental magnesium (20% NRV) as easily absorbable magnesium citrate.
- A-Z Product List, Multivitamins
Multi-Vitamins One a day Tablets
- One-a-day multivitamin tablets to help ensure optimal intake of vitamins.
- Taking one Multivitamin tablet a day will contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, maintenance of normal vision, normal heart function and circulation, as well as to normal function of the immune system, normal nervous system functions and mental performance.
- Each tablet provides 100% NRV (Nutrient Reference Value) of vitamins: A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cobalamin), C, D and E.
- A-Z Product List, Amino Acids & Proteins
N-Acetyl-Cysteine 600mg Capsules
- N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) comes from the amino acid L-cysteine.
- Cysteine is important amino acid which converts to glutathione, body’s most powerful powerful antioxidant.
- 600mg doses have been used in most of the studies on this substance.
- A-Z Product List, Vegan, Vitamin C, Vitamins
Vitamin C Complex 800mg Capsules
- A mix of Vitamin C in two forms: as ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate, which prevents excess acidity while delivering strong dose of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth. As a strong antioxidant, it contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- It contributes to: normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal psychological function, normal function of the immune system, reduction of tiredness and fatigue, regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E and increases iron absorption.
- Our capsules are enforced with Acerola, Rosehip and Citrus Bioflavonoids for even better results!
- A-Z Product List, Vitamin D
Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 10,000iu Tablets
- Vitamin D is essential nutrient that contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus, normal blood calcium levels, normal bones, teeth and muscle function and to the normal function of the immune system.
- Recently updated vitamin D recommendations by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) suggesting 15 ug (600 IU or International Units) per day for individuals over the age of one. The Vitamin D Council recommends 5000iu a day for adults all year round and the Endocrine Society recommends 1500-2000iu a day.
- Each tablet provides vitamin D as easily absorbable D3 cholecalciferol.
- A-Z Product List, Bitters, Purest, Terpenes, Vegan
Wormwood 250mg Capsules
- Artesmisia absinthium is the botanical name for the wormwood plant. This herb has been used since ancient times.
- The active compounds in wormwood extract include alpha and beta thujone, chlorophyll and malic acid.
- Wormwood is often combined with cloves and black walnut hulls for their synergistic action.