- A-Z Product List, Vegan, Vitamin K, Vitamins
Vitamin K2 MK-7 200mcg Tablets
- Vitamin K is a fat soluble vitamin that naturally occurs in 2 forms: K1 (phylloquinone) which regulates blood clotting and K2 (menaquinone) which regulates calcium deposition.
- Vitamin K2 activates the calcium-binding actions of two proteins – matrix GLA protein and osteocalcin, which help to build and maintain bones and teeth. By helping with calcium metabolism it prevents calcium building up in the wrong locations, notably the calcification of arteries.
- Low intake of vitamin K2 is associated with plaque building in the arteries, tartar forming on the teeth, and hardening of tissues that causes reduced flexibility, stiffness and pain.
- K2 MK-7 is the most absorbable form of vitamin K2. It’s 100% plant-based – derived from natto fermentation.